Bright colors, fresh ingredients, fun presentation. Who wouldn’t be drawn to the sight of a colorful drink in a fun glass?
Cocktails aren’t just for grown-ups! Here is an easy and fun recipe for virgin strawberry basil mojitos:
Ingredients (makes 2 mojitos):
- 6 strawberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- sparkling water (We use 365 brand with a hint of lime, but plain or any flavor would also work.)
- 1-2 teaspoons honey (optional!)
- Muddle mint, basil, strawberries, and honey (if using) together to form a smooth paste.
- Divide between two cocktail glasses.
- Add ice ball (see below) or ice cubes.
- Top off the drink with sparkling water.
(To garnish use a toothpick with fresh strawberries and mink sprigs. )
Ice Rounds: We have the regular round molds (pictured to the left), but the death star option (right) is pretty awesome.
Our toothpicks came from a Williams-Sonoma Star Wars baking kit.