Creating your own home gym is not an expensive thing to do. You can do it even with a limited budget. The only rule is to get only those pieces that are helpful for your workouts particularly.
So, if you don’t want to pay for a workout session at the gym, create your own gym. Are you a beginner? Can’t decide on your first home workout equipment and how to get better result from fitness? Don’t worry. Let’s figure it out together.
Best Pieces for Working Out at Home
The equipment we’re going to talk about is definitely for beginners who are just starting out or people who are in fitness for a while already. All of the pieces are pretty affordable. All of them have reasonable prices and can be easily found online. So, what should you start with?
- A yoga mat. You can’t feel 100% comfortable while doing a workout, especially abs and core exercises, if you don’t have a yoga mat. You can get even the most basic and the cheapest one. Just keep in mind that the mat of poor quality won’t serve you for a long period of time. There are also yoga mats, which are recommended for yoga practices only. For example, cork yoga mats. If you don’t practice asanas, just get a basic one made for Pilates and stretching.
- The most useful and versatile piece for doing workouts, engaging different parts of your body is a dumbbell. Invest in a pair of dumbbells, even if you’re not going to buy anything else. You can do so many exercises with the dumbbells of different weight that sometimes it is all you need for an effective workout session.
- A step will be very useful if you enjoy lower body exercises or aerobic sessions in general. A step is great if you do cardio exercises. In case you are less into weight workout and more into a cardio workout, get a plastic step platform.
- A resistance band is great for a lower/upper body workout. You can do squats, bicep curls, cross body reach, triceps extensions, shoulder stretch, and more. Everything depends on the type of band you have. If you have a fully connected resistance band, you are more limited with the exercises you can do. It is better to buy both – not fully connected and fully connected resistance bands.
- Ankle weights. It is that kind of equipment that is not obligatory for a beginner. But if you are into fitness for a while already, get a pair of ankle weights. They are super effective for targeting the glutes. They are not so expensive, but they can instantly make your workout routine ten times better. So, ankle weights are a must piece for the advanced exercises.
Look at your home gym as a long-term investment when you don’t need to pay for every workout session in the gym. If you’re motivated enough to workout without a personal trainer, having a home workout equipment is definitely a great idea.