As long as you would love to see the magnificent city of Detroit and all it has to offer, there are lots of things to reason into consideration before making your move. You need a comprehensive guide of the city and every one of the great places to see in it. Once you have this guide, navigating through the city won’t be as exhausting as it seems. So here is the guide we have put together for you of the top sights in Detroit.
- ONE CAMPUS MARTIUS: for being one of the largest indoor waterfall sights ever, this is the best place for you to start your tour of the city. There are seventeen floors in this great masterpiece building, and there is no doubt that a lot of tourists come here to behold the waterfall in its lobby. The waterfall is about fourteen floors and it is adorned with a number of suspended glass kites.
- GUARDIAN BUILDING: this is the perfect place for lovers of history and design. It was completed around the 1920s, and it was named the “Cathedral of Finance”. To be honest, this building was in fact among the first Art Deco-Style skyscrapers in the world.
- Z PARKING STRUCTURE: there are a lot of unusual sights in this city, and the Z Parking Structure is nothing short of intriguing. This structure combines its practicality with a touch of art. It is 10 storeys high and gives its guests one of the most insane views of the city. It also has a nice artwork of wall painting artists from different places all over the globe. Each level of the parking structure showcases something intriguing and different from the rest.
- BELLE ISLE: if you are not far from downtown, you can check out the Belle Isle. It is one great place, and you would see things like Ann Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory and also the James Scott Memorial Fountain. Spending an entire afternoon here would be a great way to enjoy everything there is to offer here. Besides, you would also have a splendid view of the entire city from here!
- DETROIT JAZZ FESTIVAL: this is one of the big events that shake the city, and you should make sure to be a part of it. Every year, the city is crammed with amazing music accompanied by several performing acts. It happens on a weekend, and you should consider scheduling your vacation in a way to give room for this event. It is hosted at the Detroit Foundation Hotel, and you can get the VIP tickets if you are not comfortable mingling with the other free entry participants.
There are a lot more places to see in Detroit, but we are going to address something very important before we continue. Who needs ESTA? The ESTA is for people that want to travel into the United States from Visa Waiver countries. The process of getting the ESTA is not as stressful as a lot of people may think. Thing is, there are even a good number of countries under the visa waiver program. With ESTA, you can get access to the United States without having to possess a Visa. Now let us move on
- BASEBALL GAMES: one of the major sports in the city of Detroit is baseball, among three others including football, basketball and hockey. Comerica Park is one of the best places to catch a game. Why? Because there is also a Ferris wheel in the area and a carousel inside the stadium. So you don’t have to watch the game only.
- PUNCH BOWL SOCIAL: if you are looking for a place to eat and have a great time, then this is your next best stop. You can play arcade games and luxuriate in savoury meals in this bowling alley. Adults looking for a nice place to hang out would find this place very interesting. It doesn’t even matter the time you visit, day or night, you would have a great time either way.
- EASTERN MARKET: the Eastern Market of Detroit is one of the places you must visit in Detroit regardless of your plans or schedule. It has a lot of cool restaurants, market vendors, retail outlets, and more.
- MOTOWN MUSEUM: the Motown Museum is another great place to see in the great city of Detroit. This museum is packed with a lot of cool stuff brought from history to share tales of past events. There are even some of the greatest recorded songs from a few of the legends of RnB.
- MUSEUM OF CONTEMPORARY ART DETROIT: this is one of the few museums of contemporary art in Detroit. For fans of contemporary art, this is a great place to spend some time. For those that are not really into this sort of thing, you can still head on there. Why? Because you would have a great time either way. So why miss out on a lot of fun? Besides, there is a gift shop where you can get some cool stuff and a café where you can relax.