Happy National Orgasm Day! We thought we’d get in the spirit of the day with a few facts about the magic O… and I don’t mean Oprah.
1. It takes 10-20 minutes of foreplay/stimulation for the average woman to reach her orgasm. Pretty quick. I mean it is basically half as long as it takes to get through an episode of Ballers. (But it would probably be even quicker if Dwayne Johnson was controlling this event as well. 😉 )
2. 75% of women cannot finish from vaginal sex alone since it’s not great at stimulating your clitoris.
3. The average orgasm lasts 6-20 seconds. During that time you have rhythmic contractions about every 0.08 seconds.
4. An estimated 10-15 percent of women are anorgasmic, meaning they’re physically unable to reach climax.
5. Doggie-style is one of the best orgasm inducing positions for women. It stimulates the G-spot and your clitoris.
6. According to a study in The American Journal of Medicine, women ages 80 to 99 are more sexually satisfied than younger women.
7. The world record for the longest time spent masturbating to orgasm is 6 hours 30 minutes for a woman, and 8 hours 30 minutes for a man.
The most female orgasms achieved in a single masturbation session was 49, from a London woman in 2006.
8. Studies have found that 48% of chronic headache sufferers had their pain cured by orgasm and it actually worked much faster than painkillers. (Maybe you should rethink that “Not tonight I have a headache” excuse.)
9. The first electric home vibrators hit the market nine years before the vacuum cleaner and 10 years before the electric iron.
10.Ancient Egyptians believed that the god Atum created the world by masturbating….
and the Tigris river was also formed by the semen of a god.