Your home should be the safest place you have. Unfortunately, there is something you might not know that poses a danger to you and your children. Knowing these things and addressing them is crucial before they become a health nuisance to your home. The following are common health hazards that some homeowners deal with. Others may not know that they pose health dangers.
Water damage can cause mold growth in different parts of the house, especially the dark areas. Mold growth can also be because of poor ventilation or leaky pipes. Finding the right remedy to remove mold from the house is vital. If the growth is in excess, we recommend hiring mold removal services. Professionals have strategies to remove the mold problem in the house completely. They will find the cause of mold growth and help you fix it. The problem with leaving mold to grow in the house is that it causes allergies and respiratory issues. It also causes skin problems. All these issues can be severe and weaken the immune system.
Carbon monoxide is a very dangerous gas with no smell or taste, and you cannot see it. These aspects make it even more dangerous and go unnoticed. The gas can come from your wood furnace if the chimney is blocked or from the heater. Once these two are blocked, the gas spreads inside the house when it cannot leave to the outside. There are other sources of carbon dioxide, like a charcoal stove. It is vital to ensure you have a detector for carbon monoxide in the house. This way, you will know when there is an unhealthy amount of gas inside the house. You can address the issue immediately when you can detect the gas early.
Another major health hazard in your home is pests. Pests like rodents and bugs can damage your house and items. They also pose great health risks since they spread diseases through the skin, pee, and droppings. Some pests even bite, which can cause severe infections or illnesses. It is advisable to find ways of getting rid of pests in the house, and one effective solution is to call pest control experts. Experts offer a safe way of removing pests in the house.
Furthermore, their work goes beyond removing pests. They ensure pests don’t come back by sealing the loopholes in the house. They also clean other places, like the attic, that harbor most pests. Therefore, hire pest control professionals to eliminate house flies, rats, raccoons, critters, etc. It will save you money since you no longer have to spend on pesticides. The professionals will get rid of the issue once and for all.
Radon is another invisible, tasteless and odorless gas that can put the lives of the people in your house in great danger. In fact, radon is a major cause of lung cancer. Radon mostly comes from the ground when there are radioactive materials. Once these materials break down, they release harmful gas. It is vital to fix all the cracks and openings in your basement since they are the entry point of radon gas. Radon gas can also get into the house through the sump pump, drains, and other openings from the underground. Installing a gas detector is the best way to detect radon in the house. You can also use special suction tubes and fans to remove the gas from the house effectively.
Lead and Asbestos
If the house was built in the 1980s and you have never renovated it, there is a high chance there is lead and asbestos used to build it. These materials were banned years ago due to their danger to human health. You can always find lead pipes and paint in old houses, which poses great danger, especially to kids. You will also come across asbestos. It is a material mainly used in construction, even if its exposure to air causes severe health issues. Inhaling asbestos can cause lung damage and chronic lung conditions like cancer. Therefore, it might be best to renovate the house to eliminate lead and asbestos.
These dangerous things pose a danger to your health and your loved ones. It is crucial to avoid overexposure to these elements by removing them as soon as you identify them. Seek professional help if you have a pest or gas issue. You should also call experts to inspect the old house for traces of lead and asbestos. It is the safest way to ensure your home is safe and comfortable for living.