Having a stand mixer is necessary for every kitchen. A stand mixer has a variety of attachments, which makes it functioning easy. Stand mixers come in different designs and colors. Getting a stand mixer that is best suitable for you could be hard. This is why we have compiled this article for you, to give you a guideline on how to get the best stand mixer for your kitchen.
The following are factors you should consider when buying a stand mixer.
Different mixers have different types of features, which we are going to review later in the article. The more features a stand mixer has, the better it is.
The difference in prices depends on the features of the stand mixer. Stand mixers from renowned manufacturers also appear to be more expensive. Buy a stand mixer depending on your budget.
The different features bring variation in the benefits of a stand mixer. The stand mixers with more features can do more and in return, have more benefits compared to those with less features.
The design of a stand mixer depends with the use of the mixer. The stand mixer could be for home use or for business. The different designs cause the difference in the power of the stand mixers.
The kitchen stand mixers are classified into two different categories;
These mixers can be a tilt head model or a bowl lift model. They prepare food for just family and friends. Models that have tilt heads have less power compared to those with bowl lifts, which have bigger motors.
Tilt Head Models
They have a lifted motor head to give space for mixing manually and for detaching or attaching accessories. A pin to the stand locks this model.
The best tilt head mixers include;
- Classic-It is best for a beginner. It has less power and not recommended for bread.
- Classic plus-It is best for kneading bread dough more than the classic. It has more power but more expensive than Classic.
- KitchenAid Ksm150 Artisan-It is more expensive than the rest. It can bake. However, there are differences between Kitchenaid Artisan or Professional stand mixers with one of them being that, a kitchen aid artisan is used for smaller batches while a professional one for bigger batches.
Bowl Lift Models
Its head keeps it firm. It has a crank lever that lifts and lowers the bowl. This gives enough space to give access to accessories and contents. The models can be categorized into two depending on the type of their motors as follows;
- AC Motors
- They are rated using watts. They are smaller and lighter than DC.
- They are noisier than DC.
- Professional 600
- Professional 610
- Professional 620
a. DC Motors
- They are rated using horsepower.
- They are heavier and bigger than AC.
- They maintain speed better than AC.
- They give more torque and therefore can mix stiff mixtures such as pizza and cookie dough.
- Pro Line Series
- Professional 6000 HD
- Professional 6500 Design
2. Commercial Use
There are categorized into 2 models;
a. 7 Quart Models
- The flat beaters are stainless.
- They are more expensive than 8-quart models.
b. 8 Quart Models
These models have 2 variants;
- It has no bowl guard.
- It has a metal bowl guard, which keeps swaying.
- The bowls can be interchanged.
At the end of the day, the tips above will help you get the perfect mixer for your kitchen. This will depend with the purpose of your mixer. Therefore, if you want a mixer for business, the best to buy is a commercial model. Take your time when choosing a stand mixer whether it is for business or home use.