A Practical Guide to picking out nipple colored lipstick:
The internet has spoken…
…and it has declared your nipple hue as the perfect lipstick color for you.
No really, I’m serious.
No, no… really, I am.
Even my friends who have tried it swear it is their best shade.
I started thinking…
Suddenly, I was scared.
But I knew I needed to try, even if that meant me looking like a corpse in the end.
…I had so many questions.
Quantum Physics suddenly didn’t sound so challenging when backed up against the intricacy of nipple color swatching.
I persevered, determined to make nipple lip happen.
After many sleepless nights… or maybe just 30 minutes on Amazon.com… I struck gold.
The following day the Amazon Prime guy showed up at my door.
“You made my day!” I said.
“What’s in the box?” He asked.
The question was innocent enough, but in my excitement I didn’t think about his ignorance on the topic of nipple lip (I mean, at this point, I basically had my PhD in nipple lipstick swatching, so I couldn’t be bothered by those poor, less educated souls).
He wanted to know what was in the box, and I was going to tell him.
I blurted out, “My nipple color in a lipstick!”
The polite man didn’t know how to respond, but bless him and his empathy, I guess my enthusiasm made him feel obligated to inquire further,
“Oh, is it custom made?” He asked with morbid curiosity.
“No!” I smiled back pretty impressed with myself. “I took a picture and scoured amazon until I found the perfect shade.”
“Ah, I see.” … and he was done.
(Coincidentally, we completely stopped getting courtesy doorbell rings for deliveries after this.)
But who cares about the delivery man… my bounty was here and I was determined to try it on!
Boom. Perfect Match.
Thoughts on my nipple colored lips:
Well, wait,…they are pretty good…
One thing I know for sure is that my mom will like it (she is always complaining that my lipstick is too bright).
Would I wear it again? Yep, I totally would. (Probably at family gatherings to avoid the “Oh goodness! Your lipstick…” comments from my mother.)
So, if YOU want to try your own nipple shade on your puckers, here are some helpful tips to make the color matching a little less awkward.
How to pick out the perfect nipple colored lipstick
- Christian Louboutin Velvet Matte Lip Colour in JUST NOTHING
- Charlotte Tilbury HOT LIPS Kissing Fallen from the Lipstick Tree in Kim K W
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Pencil in PILLOWTALK
- Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in GLACE
- Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Peachy Pink
I listed what I used above…. now I’ll give you a step-by-step on how I got there.
I can’t believe I’m writing this…
1. Figure out your nipple swatch:
- Take a photo of your nipple in natural lighting.
- Enlarge the photo so that you keep the color(s) but you no longer can identify anything but a swatch of color. (See above. …smh)
- Now you have your swatch.
2. Next, decide on how many colors you want.
- If you have more than one color in your nipple, use multiple colors and products.
- Choose the darkest color to line your lip and blend inward, then use one or two more lighter nipple shades for a natural ombre look.
(Check out this video for a good tutorial.)
…alas, I have to finish this very important guide, so death will have to wait…
3. Okay, now you have the option of using this swatch in-store or online.
I went online with great results.
- I would definitely check out Charlotte Tilbury lip colors because they really know how to do nude colors for lips. You’ll use these products again and again, even if you’re not into the nipple-lip. Promise.
- Bite Beauty is hands-down my favorite lipstick/lip color brand.
Bite is a natural brand with food-grade ingredients. However, I started using their Lip Crayons and their Multistick way before I knew about their natural stance. (BTW- the Multistick is my absolute favorite.. you can use it on eyes, lips, and cheeks!)
They work, the colors are awesome, and it’s non-toxic (which I know is a hot-button word, but before you go all an internet science warrior on me, please remember that you’re reading a blog post on how to make your lips match your nipples).
- Okay, I did splurged on a Christian Louboutin lipstick and I do really love it… but it’s RIDICULOUSLY expensive. The only reason I bought it for this is because I wanted to try it out (in this particular shade) anyway, and it ended up matching my nipples. It was fate.
I do love the color, consistency, and versatility of it… but I’ll be the first to say it’s WAY overpriced. If you want something special for fun, it’s not going to disappoint you (or loved one who deserves a $100 gift), but don’t feel you need it. You don’t.
If you go to the drugstore to pick out your nipple shade, please do your best to color match from the tube.
Fear not, you can do this subtly and without detection.
While you’re there, definitely check out NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (it’s my favorite drugstore lip product):
If you go to Sephora or a department store, you can ask a clerk to color match your swatch.
Try on the color, if possible.
Try out all the online products mentioned above while you’re there!
4. Amazingly, thats it. If you’ve done the above steps, you too will have a nip lip.
5. Now go slay some dragons.