Just as the normal world out there have its dangers and we can predict them and warn kids what to do in case of ‘this and that’. So it has to be with them online. The world now has turned in to what people say a global village. It was not like 10. 20 or 30 years ago where you need to carry your books in your hand. Or go to the library in search of books. All these information is in the palm in the form of an Internet-connected phone or computer
Internet dangers for children
Kids nowadays do their researches and assignments online. Which is very good. However, it cannot be said that the internet does not come with its huge dangers. The online dangers are real. Real as the natural physical dangers. In the natural world, you can be bullied and the physical part can be seen. However with the online bullying which we call cyberbully is emotional and it’s on the increase. Kids don’t even have the desire to report these incidents. 1 in 10 kids report cyberbullying. That said 58% of kids have been bullied more than once. The side effects enormous. From anxiety, low self-esteem to committing suicide. All these are done via the internet.
Another online danger is the rise of online predators. They pretend to be friends via game rooms, chat rooms and you have no idea who they are or the motives have. 97% of teens play online games on their computers, smartphones, and portable and console games. Some of these games are in an online open environment, where predators tend to lurk looking for victims.
One of twenty-five teens have received online sexual solicitations with the offender seeking to make contact with them offline
Sexting is one of the online dangers kids face via social media app. 20% of teens have sent or posted a nude or semi-nude image of themselves. One thing about that is, once the photos are sent or posted it cannot be deleted and you have no idea how many people have either watched it or downloaded it. This can cause trauma to the kid once it gets the situation gets out of hands.
mSpy is a key to kids Internet safety
mSpy is a parental control application designed to help parents know what their kids are up to online to prevent and protect them. The mSpy app has over 25 features. It is a simple easy user friendly app to use and you do not need to be a savvy to use it.
- The mSpy app lets you have access to most social media apps like WhatsApp, Snapchat, Facebook messenger, LINE, Viber, telegram tinder Skype etc. All these features assist you to know what exactly they are up to and help you prevent online dangers like cyberbullying and the rest.
- The Browser history makes you know what exactly your kid is searching on the internet. It allows you if he/she is watching inappropriate contents. In addition, the keylogger feature makes you get all keystrokes that are typed on the device.
- The call blocking, website blocking, keyword alerts let you block websites you deem harmful to your kids, get alerted when they search for inappropriate websites.
- In addition the location and Geofencing features allow you to know the exact location and time of your kid. You can also set virtual areas where you will be alerted via email if your kid enters or leaves that area. Eg school compound, gym, or soccer practice field.
- The call logs, text messages, installed applications let you know which apps are installed on your kid’s device, see any new contact added to help prevent online predators and you get to monitor the incoming and outgoing text messages with time stamps
You can check mSpy website for more of its features. There is currently a Christmas promo going on with huge discounts of 25%. It runs from 21st December 2016 to 9th January 2017.
mSpy lets you know, prevent and protect
Have a Happy holiday period