Baltic Amber is a natural analgesic and, when worn on the skin, it releases healing oils that help babies and young children to stay calm and more relaxed throughout teething.
While you used to have to wait months to get Amber from Lithuania, Julie at Spark of Amber recently based her company in the United States. As a work-at-home mom of three children, Julie was a power-seller on Ebay before starting Spark of Amber. She has all of her Amber tested to ensure authenticity.
Unique Facts about Spark of Amber, from Julie:
1. Rather than working simply with large factories (which would be the easier route to take), we primarily work with several Lithuanian women who supply our Baltic Amber and Baltic Amber jewelry. This enables them to help support their families. When I started Spark of Amber, I looked for several sources, and decided to work with smaller sellers whenever possible. I hope that as our business grows we can continue to take this route. For future custom items that I do not make myself (and I do have ideas for these), I hope to employ work-at-home moms.
2. We offer very personalized customer service. I respond to all emails, and personally interact with customers on my Facebook page.
3. At this time we only ship within the United States. My goal in starting Spark of Amber was to make beautiful Baltic Amber jewelry more accessible in the United States, without the waits for international shipping.
4. Shipping is always free, and our prices are very competitive. I don’t run Spark of Amber on a “discount code” model. I decided from the start NOT to price my items high, then occasionally offer “sales” of 25% off. I prefer to offer everyone a good price. Our prices for quality Baltic Amber jewelry in the United States are among the best I have seen.
5. I am working on some custom items that will ONLY be available through Spark of Amber, no other Amber jewelry websites. I am totally excited about those, and I have more ideas to come!
My Savannah Sunset Bracelet/Armband
Amber is classified among healing crystals and gemstones but is actually fossilized resin. Common colors ranging from pale yellows to dark browns. There are also green, red, blackish, and blue forms of amber. Amber is best worn directly on the skin which will naturally absorb the oils of the amber resin which is said to transmute negative energies into positive energies. It can be carried, worn, or used as an elixir. –source
I wear my Spark of Amber jewelry almost every day. As much as the idea of wearing jewelry that has healing properties is alluring, my immediate draw to amber jewelry was its appearance. The rich colors and the history of a fossilized substance now being worn in present time has a seductive element.
Your Amber teething necklace
One of you will win a Baltic Amber teething necklace from Spark of Amber. These necklaces are made with nuggets (rather than chips) which allow the most contact with skin, and thus, are most effective.
The Blog: http://sparkofamber.wordpress.com/