Lavender has been a part of beauty and wellness rituals since ancient times. In Ancient Egypt, it was only the royal families and high priests who were allowed to use lavender in their cosmetics and oils. Today it is still widely used in bath and cosmetic products. Lavender is thought to work as a mild antidepressant, antiseptic, pain reliever, and is supposed to calm nerves and promote calmness and relaxation.
Here is our lavender bath sachet recipe:
What you will need:
- 1/2 Cup culinary lavender (Any high-grade dried lavender will do.)
- 1/4 Cup kosher salt
- 1/4 Cup Epsom salt
- Natural string
1. Mix lavender, Kosher salt, and Epsom salt together in a small bowl.
2. Cut the cheesecloth into about 4×4 squares.
3. Lay squares on a work surface and spoon about 3 tablespoons of lavender salt mixture into the center of the cheesecloth.
4. Gather up saide so that it makes a sachet and secure with string.
5. Place in a warm bath and enjoy!