Our favorite simple homemade lotion recipe, which Samuel has helped us perfect. (He now prefers this as his daily moisturizer.)
And while this delicious smelling lotion is safe enough to eat, we suggest that you use it as a moisturizer instead of a snack.
We hope you enjoy it!
Samuel’s Vanilla Lotion Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup distilled water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup beeswax (grated)
- 1 teaspoon rosehip oil (optional)
- 1-1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine oils, water and beeswax in a glass jar (we like using mason jars) and place in a sauce pan filled with a couple of inches of water.
- Heat over medium flame until all the contents of the glass jar have melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Move contents of glass jar to a small stainless steel bowl.
- Add vanilla extract and combine with a hand beater until mixture thickens. This process happens slowly as the mixture cools (about 10 minutes).
- Transfer to an airtight storage container and enjoy.