there are steps you can take to improve how you feel about your body and promote and maintain a positive body image.
1. If your stress is coming from your body image or you are getting bullied because of how your body looks, then consider talking to a trusted adult, friend, or health professional.
You need to do this when you feel the pressure to make drastic decisions – for example starting extreme dieting, having cosmetic surgery, trying supplements and drugs – or you start having harmful thoughts about harming yourself. There are many organizations you can contact that are going to help you with this.
2. Spring-cleaning apps on your smartphone
You need to be aware of how you feel when you use them, and if at any point you find them stressful when it comes to your body image, then the best option is to uninstall them.
3. Looking at the people in the accounts you follow on social media and how they make you feel about your appearance and body when you look at them.
If there is an account or hashtag that causes you to start feeling negative about your body or appearance, then mute or unfollow it. Don’t follow an account that results in you comparing yourself to others. You should also be more mindful of how your posts can affect other people.
4. if there is an advert on TV, in a magazine, or online that you think is presenting an unhealthy body image as aspirational, then consider complaining to the Advertising Standards Authority.
They can be investigated and even action taken.
5. Parents and carers can lead by example at home. They should model positive behavior concerning body image, staying active, and eating healthily.
It is a good idea to praise kids on qualities that have nothing to do with physical appearance; you need to avoid criticizing your appearance and that of others; don’t place unrealistic expectations on people’s looks. You should also support kids so they can communicate their feelings and express their emotions when it comes to their bodies.
6. language is very important. It is important to be more aware of how we speak about our own and other people’s bodies in casual conversations with family and friends.
There are things that might seem harmless at the moment, but they are going to have a negative impact on how we feel about our bodies in the long term. Things like reinforcing young and slim being the essence of beauty with comments like “You look great, did you lose weight”, “They don’t have the body to wear that”, “it highlights my wrinkles”, and “They look so old” are some examples of harmful comments.
If desired a positive change can be made to a persons body with breast lift surgery near Torrance.
7. Finding a way to be active
Exercising for a healthy amount is going to make you feel better about your body, decrease stress, and encourage a good mood. You need to be careful so you don’t overdo it. The best workout for you is that which you enjoy doing.