The bedroom is one of the ideal places where people spend most of their time to get relaxed. This is the place of spending quality time as well as refreshing mood.
Bedrooms can be constructed in different sizes that depend on the size of the foot available to make a room. This can be more spacious, medium-sized, or compact but with a different interior. There is no exact room size that determines that gives you an idea for the perfect room. However, if you are planning to make a bedroom then assure that there should be enough place for wardrobes, furniture, and most important the mattress.
Along with the size of the room, the size of the mattress also changes. This is because people will buy the mattress which is suitable for their room dimension and does not cover the whole room, While selecting the best mattress for your room, first know the exact size of your room, then select the mattress according to it. For example, if you want to buy a 72 to 78 inches (1.83m to 1.98m) long mattress famously known as King XL size then it needs a large room to set it perfectly. If the King Xl mattress will be selected for the small rooms then there will be no space left in the room to move around. Sometimes it happens that people get confused in buying mattresses that are almost the same size. But we can say that this dimension mattress should be chosen for the room which is extremely big measuring 11 feet by 11 feet.
Ideal Bedroom Dimension According To Mattress
You can adjust everything in the room, be it a chair, side table, or any other almirah. But a mattress is one such thing that needs to be perfect and according to room size. If you will buy an extra-large or small mattress for your room then it will not look good as it will ruin the interior. As like we cannot wear the extra size clothes because it will not look good so how can we adjust the bed that does not suit the bedroom.
It is very important to acquire the exact knowledge of the mattress that suits your room size. There are many types of sizes available in the market for big rooms like king size and queen size mattress. They both are designed for the big rooms but to understand their differences you have to make a comparison between the various mattress sizes. There are various mattress sizes available like the king size, queen size, california size, twin size, full size etc. If you are a couple then you can choose anyone between king vs queen mattress since they are the most popular and bestseller ones.They are the same in length but the width gets a slight difference. Many such options will make you confused but you have to find the solution by simply making your choice suitable according to your room size.
If we talk about king size and queen size then they both are the most popular sizes demanded by customers. The king size mattress is 80 inches long and 76 inches wide which will be perfectly fit in the room with 11 feet by 11 feet. On the other hand, the queen size bed is 80 inches long and 60 inches in width. This is a perfect choice for 10 feet by 10 feet.
Here are the measurements of some Mattresses designed for particular rooms. Check out:
- Single size Mattress: The single size mattress is 72 inches long and 36 inches wide. This is best suitable for the room which measures 10 feet by 7 feet. This type of room dimension and mattress size is good for the Kid’s room.
- Twin-size mattresses: The twin-size mattress size is 72 inches long and 42 inches in width. This however does not differ so much from the single-size mattress, but it suits perfectly in the room which measures at least 10.5 feet by 8.5 feet. This is good for single sleepers, teenagers, etc.
- Queen XL size mattress: This is slightly bigger than the queen size mattress but it will look great in 10feet by 10 feet. The mattress dimension is 72 inches long and 66 inches wider which gives more comfort to the sleepers.
- King XL size mattress: As like queen XL, the king XL also bought some slightly different features as compared to King size mattress. This dimension is 72 inches in length and 78 inches in width. This can be fit perfectly in a room with a minimum space of at least 11 feet by 11 feet.
Customize Mattress: Sometimes it happens that the available mattress in the market does not suit the size of the room. In that case, you can ask the manufacturer to make a bed that may seem perfect for your room’s dimension. Customized mattresses are perfect as you can design their length and width according to your body’s shape and size. When you will purchase the mattress then tell the seller about your room dimensions and then ask him to tell you the best option. The sales process of the brand requires that you shall be provided with all types of information regarding a mattress that will help you select the comfortable mattress for your room that has different dimensions.
Key Dimension For A Perfect Room
Certain things should be kept in mind while planning to construct a room, making an interior, or buying a new mattress. Everything in a room should be perfect and more spacious so that you can easily move around in the room. Check out some key dimensions:
- As we have already discussed that the size of the bed or mattress should be according to the room dimensions.
- If you are planning for two single beds in a kid’s room then make sure that there should be enough space in between both the beds.
- The size of the side table does not ruin the perfect furniture image of the room. Make it small and comparative according to the bed.
- Design the wardrobe that does not cover extra space in the room.
- The size of the dressing table should not be so wide that it covers the whole room dimension.
- If you are having an extremely big room then you can arrange a seating area of about 225square feet or more.
- Select the lights in the room that may give a bright look to the room to add a charm to the bedroom.
The Bottom Line
The room dimension is very important to create a good interior. However, a small room can also be designed in a good way but the big room seems more spacious and additional things can also be added to it.