“Spa water” is a great way to keep kids hydrated during the day. The water is naturally flavored with fruit, and when it it is served in pretty glasses, it is sure to be a hit.
Home Spa for Kids: Cucumber Cups and “Spa Water”
How to make cucumber cups:
- Cut cumbers into four-inch high cylinders that stand on their own. (You can keep the skin on or peel it. )
- Use a small melon baller, apple corer, or pairing knife to scoop out the seedy center (save and set aside peels and scoopings) making sure to leave about 1 inch or more at the bottom to prevent leakage.
- Chill in a freezer for 10min to 1 hour.
How to make “spa water”:
(You can essentially use any sort or fruit and pair it with cucumbers. We use pomegranate to make it a little more festive for the winter.)
- Take cucumber scoopings and peels and place them at the bottom of a pitcher.
- Add 2-4 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds.
- Add 1 tablespoon roughly copped mint or basil
- Add about 3 cups of ice.(At this point you can allow contents to sit for an hour and infuse in the melting ice or go right to the next step.)
- Add water to pitcher and and 1/2 cup pomegranate juice.
- Pour into chilled cucumber cups and enjoy.