I strive to live a life free of chemicals in my food, toiletries, and household products. For some reason, that qualifies me to be labeled a “hippie.”
Hippies make me think of bra-burning, mushroom ingesting, hairy (deodorant-free) armpitted women, who would vomit at the sight of anything that glitters.
I didn’t realize that there is a new wave of hippies popping up.
Glippies– Glamorous Hippies.
I am not alone!
In honor of this new-found sisterhood, here are some of my favorite “glippie” indulgences:
- Ammonia Free Highlights: Smells like rose petals and lifts as well as any ammonia-laden product. Yanai Van, Beverly Hills (310) 597- 3993
- Parissa Hot Wax: Great for eyebrows and bikini lines (so you can stay hairless, just as God intended)
- Piggy Paint Natural Nail Polish: As natural as mud! Comes in many fun colors is and safe for kids.
- Lavanilla- The Healthy Deodorant: The only natural deodorant to ever survive a full summer day at Disneyland.
- Organic Garden Facial: Hand-made organic products with fruits, vegetables, and herbs, are blended for your skin type. Post Ranch Inn, Big Sur (831) 667-2200