A sagging mattress is that which has uneven surfaces causing it not to adequately support your body. The rigidity of the mattress does not exist anymore and it becomes soft. A saggy mattress will give you joint and muscular problems resulting from unnecessary pressures. Your body requires resting on an even surface for you to be able to maintain your body posture; therefore, a sagging mattress will cause you problems. It is important for you to sleep calm and so you should you should fix your sagging mattress or replace it.
Different types of mattresses present different challenges. Mattresses sag due to high levels of moisture, aging foam, regular usage and poor care. You may not be in a position to replace your sagging mattress with a new one and that is why people opt for the many ways they can fix their sagging mattresses.
Here is how you can fix a sagging mattress:
- Upgrade your cardboard or plywood – Your mattress may appear to be sagging due to the unevenness of the cardboard beneath it or because you bought your bed a long time ago and it us old and damaged. You should replace it and ensure it supports your mattress evenly.
- Place pillows under depressed areas – Adding pillows beneath the sagging areas will enable your mattress to be even and give you the comfort you need when you sleep. Tiny pillows are ideal since they can be able to fit in tiny spaces.
- Use mattress pads or toppers – Depending on the thickness of lumpy surfaces or deepness of depressed surfaces on your mattress, you should choose thick or thin mattress toppers or pads.
These additions enable you to alter the surface and give you an even surface.
- Use a mattress helper – You can place a mattress helper underneath the sagging areas of your mattress to even it out. A mattress helper is made of high-density materials that will enable you support sagging areas. You can place it together with mattress toppers to get better results.
- Replace compressed or damaged springs – You can ensure your spring mattress stays even by replacing its springs. You can get new box springs which come in different sizes hence you should choose the size that is compatible with your mattress springs.
- Replace slats beneath the mattress – Depression of wooden slats and frames in the middle cause your mattress to be uneven. You can add new metal slats to give you a smooth surface and enable you to maintain an even surface.
You should take good care of your mattress to avoid sagging. This should happen from the moment you buy it. Prevent any spillage to avoid moisture build up and avoid direct contact with the sun. You should also identify the best mattresses available by checking out mattress reviews. Choose mattress to get the best mattress reviews.
In conclusion, these solutions will enable you to deal with sagging mattresses without costing a fortune. You do not have to buy a new mattress every time your mattress begins to show sagging signs. You can cut down costs buy fixing your mattress or preventing potential sagging. This will enable you to achieve comfort and a good night’s sleep.