Each season, European fashion trends influence the fashion all over the world and almost each woman wonders how to dress European. Many worldwide designers as Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Dior originate from Europe. This region dictates current and upcoming trends and people think how to match them and incorporate into the daily life.
Scroll down and check out the most sought-after European fashion trends and outfit ideas. Hopefully, they will inspire you to create a chic look.
Why Is European Style So Popular?
European fashion has the fusion of modernity and tradition, that is why it’s on the rise today. Besides, Europe is considered to be the leader in the fashion world as European designers give a new flow and taste to each fashion season. A European style may be described as chic, elegant and unique, so many people all over the world try to imitate it. There are several distinctive features of this style.
- Clothes have clean lines and simple cuts. The silhouette is always sleek and elegant.
- Euporeans always wear clothes, which fit them perfectly. Oftentimes, they have their attire tailored, whereas others tend to wear either baggy or too small clothes.
- Bold patterns are usually used in the summer attire, such as dresses, jeans and crop top. In other cases, Europeans go for texture and the fabrics are usually plain, but there is always an accent, which serves as a zest of the outfit.
- The color palette in the European style is neutral with some bright accents. For instance, popular combinations may be black and red or green, beige and pink, white and navy blue. This style is all about contrasts. On top of that, each color or combination matches the certain season. Thus, bright colors are preferred in summer, whereas pastel tones are popular in fall.
- The European style is focused on simplicity and layers aren’t very popular. Besides, midi and mini dresses are always chosen over maxi dresses.
- Subtle accessories are an indispensable part of any European outfit. Delicate scarves and hats, simple sunglasses, elegant necklaces are great. Steer clear of tacky, too big, fake and gaudy accessories.
- The footwear is versatile. Women wear Oxfords and sneakers, but sometimes they prefer high heels and pumps.
- Everything should be clean and neat, so stains, wrinkles on clothes aren’t acceptable.
Top Five European Fashion Trends
European fashion is versatile and inspiring. I’ve rounded up the best trends, which will help you to make a big impression and express yourself. So, blend in with these European fashion trends.
- Spaghetti Strap Slip Dresses
This fashionable item has been iconic in the 90s and now it has a startling comeback in Europe, especially in the Mediterranean area. This dress, made of a silken fabric, offers many styling options: it may be worn to the beach, and if it is combined with a denim jacket, it may be worn to the party. It is comfortable, chic and feminine – this is a combination, many women are looking for.
Tips & tricks how to wear a spaghetti strap slip dress:
- The shoulder straps are thin, so they emphasize the fragility of the woman. However, if you have a prominent breast and shoulders, it also may be a win-win option. Just make sure that your waistline is defined and your curves are highlighted.
- The flowing fabrics of the dress emphasize the figure, so it is better to wear seamless underwear under the dress.
- This dress can look casual in a combination with a hat and sandals, but if you combine it with bright accessories and put on heels, this outfit will be suitable for a night out.
- If you are into layers, then wear a plain tee under the dress and complement the look with a jacket or a cardigan of a contrasting color.
- A blazer of a solid color with vivid buttons, thrown over the dress, will make the overall look enigmatic.
- If you stick to a grunge style, wear a dress with a lace top and add a flannel shirt, tied around the waist and ankle boots.
- On a cold day, wear a slip dress atop skinnies and add high heels. The look will be sophisticated and flattering.
- Pleated Clothes
Pleats always look fashionable and they create a feminine silhouette. Floating fabrics give a sophisticated look to any woman. Pleated skirts and dresses have a defined waistline, so you appear visually leaner and your extra pounds may be hidden. Or, pleats may create the necessary volume.
These skirts and dresses are a perfect alternative to the textured dresses. If you wear attire with a metallic shine and a floral print, then the look will become festive.
Tips & tricks how to wear pleated clothes:
- If you have prominent hips, choose inverted pleats, they flatter any shape and they don’t bulk your hips up.
- Choose pleats, which begin under the breast, if you want to hide the tummy and draw attention to your arms and the breast.
- A-defined clothes will give the illusion of curviness. This one is a perfect variant for women with a straight figure as the clothes add volume to the bust and thighs.
- Add a thin and simple or a chunky belt to your dress or skirt if you want to create an hourglass figure.
- For achieving a fresh look, wear a crop top or a sweater over pleated clothes.
- Flatform Sandals
Sometimes Europeans find flats boring, that is why they prefer wearing flatforms. They add height and edginess to any look. They may be the embodiment of the summer outfit and they are universal as they may be combined almost with any part of your wardrobe.
Tips & tricks how to wear flatforms:
- To emphasize your long legs, pair the denim mini skirt with wooden flatforms.
- Those, who are looking for a chic and festive variant, may combine a silk maxi dress with bold flatforms.
- If you want something offbeat, rock the flatforms with black tights and a denim romper.
- A striped maxi dress works well with flatforms. Vertical stripes make you visually leaner and flatforms elongate your legs.
- If you are into flowing textures, you can hit the streets wearing silky pants and flatforms of a matching color.
Europeans wear scarves in any weather as they make the look complete, help the owner to stand out, and they are year-round accessories. Scarves may be plain or patterned, thick or thin, long or short, it is up to you which option to choose.
This wardrobe essential may be of several types: oblong scarves may be made of cotton, silk or wool and they are worn knotted, loose, or looped; square scarves may be made of blended materials, their length ranges from 16 to 60 inches and they may be styled in a variety of ways; loose scarves are called “throw and go” scarves, they are worn in any season and can come in lace and knitted versions; Pashmina scarves are very expensive, they are made of wool, they are long so that they may cover the head and shoulders.
Tips & tricks how to wear scarves:
- Wear the scarf with a belt. Just let it envelop your waist and underline it. The scarf may be of one color or have a print and it can be made of any fabric.
- If you’re looking for cool vibes, wear the scarf with a moto jacket. Go for an oversized knitted scarf of a matching color.
- Wear the scarf with a sweater and a jacket. These layers will make the outfit complicated.
- Combine the lightweight scarf of a vivid color with shorts and a tee in summer.
- A lightweight scarf may be wrapped around the neck and worn with a cropped jacket and shorts. If necessary, it may be unwrapped or used to cover the shoulders.
- Head-to-toe Florals
The designers have decided to emphasize the femininity of the women and suggested wearing a floral print head-to-toe, including shoes sometimes. This trend is reborn every season on the runways. It is very bright and if the woman wants to be in the spotlight, she should go for a floral look. This pattern looks awesome on all fabrics and may be combined with accessories of different shapes and shades.
Tips & tricks how to wear florals head-to-toe:
- Find similar-sized prints in complementing colors and wear them with a belt of a black color so that they may stand on their own.
- Combine a dress and a cardigan, which have almost the same prints. This layering will look unique.
- A floral romper, combined with metallic Oxfords and a bright bag, may be a go-to option for a summer night.
- Balancing a floral print with ankle boots of a black or brown color will make the look more appealing.
- For not to overload the outfit, complement it with neutral accessories. Don’t try too hard because you may end up looking tasteless.
- Wear a floral set, inspired by the pajama style, with a cropped tee and a choker, it’ll look cool.
- Add a statement bag without the print to make the look contrasting.
Thus, European trends are unique as they suit any taste, figure, and the budget. So, be creative, experiment, come up with innovative ideas, which will make your style remarkable and outstanding.