(Featured video created by Sephora for Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel)
Product: Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel, Extra Strength
Price: $66.55 for 30 treatments
- Anti-aging, smoothens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and instantly firms
- Eliminates dullness, improves clarity and evens skin tone by using micro exfoliation to stimulate cell turnover
- Complexion clearing, clears imperfections, decreases excess oil and minimizes appearance of pores and scars
- Calms and soothes, helps calm redness, sensitivity and irritation
- All skin types and ages, immediate results for a radiant and glowing complexion
How it works:
1. Apply step one pad all over the face. Absorb into skin until it is completely dry. Wait two minutes.
2. Apply step two pads all over face to neutralize step one packet ingredients.
Tester skin type: oily, acne-prone, hyper-pigmentation, sensitive skin.
In the past, I have had light chemical peels at the dermatologist’s office. This seemed like a great alternative to the office visits. However, what I discovered is that this should not be used in place of dermatologist strength chemical peels. This is more of a supplement, or for someone who doesn’t actually need a *real* peel. One positive aspect of this product is that it does not easily irritate sensitive skin (or at least mine); I didn’t peel at all, so there is no peel-y “down time” with this product. Unfortunately, this is also why the product isn’t as effective as the chemical peels at the dermatologist’s. To me, the Dr. Gross Alpha Beta peel seemed like it had the same effect that a scrub would have, and perhaps some people would prefer this method over a scrub for getting off the top layer or dead skin. With a good skincare routine, I do think this would be helpful in smoothing out the complexion and mild skin tone issues (it really did nothing for my moderate hyper-pigmentation). In the end, it didn’t seem strong enough for drastic results.
Pros– effective and easy to use.
Cons– I’m not sure if it is effective enough for the price.
Rating: 7 out of 10 lipsticks.
The Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Review is an independent review brought to you by IANtB. This product was purchased by IANtB for this review.