I absolutely love this recipe for aromatherapy shower tablets. Use your favorite essential oil combinations for an awesome home spa shower experience. Eucalyptus and Lavender is our favorite combination!
- 6 ounces Baking Soda
- 4 ounces Citric Acid
- 4 ounces Cornstarch
- 15-20 drops of essential oils
- 1/4 cup water (in a spray bottle)
- 1/4 cup dried herbs or fresh flowers and/or herbs (optional)
- Mix all dry ingredients (and herbs/flowers, if using) together in a small bowl.
- Slowly mix in essential oil until mixture appears dry and there are no clumps.
- Slowly spray water into dry mixture and mix well. There should be just enough water to compress dry ingredients and have them hold in place while still appearing relatively dry (about 10-12 sprays). *Do not moisten to the point where the dry mixture begins to fizz! It very important to go slowly in order not to have the citric acid and baking soda react to the liquid!*
- Now compress mixture into a tablespoon. Make sure mixture has been compacted tightly.
- Tap lightly to release tablet and place on tray.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until mixture is gone.
- Keep tray undisturbed overnight until mixture hardens completely.
- Place a dried tablet on shower floor and enjoy!
Don’t forget that you can also diffuse essential oils with the best diffuser for essential oils in your bathroom and home spa to get a great aromatherapy experience to help relax your body and rejuvenate your souls from within making you more alert and focused for your day besides giving a wonderful fragrance.