Having a car makes it convenient to take your family around and take care of errands. On average, Americans spend about an hour a day in their cars. Therefore, it is essential to have a vehicle with modern conveniences that will;
- Give you and your kids a comfortable and stress- free ride;
- Make it easier to access vital information while driving around; and,
- Ensure your safety on the road with an abundance of safety features
Here is some of the best kid’s car safety technology you should check out.
Car connectivity apps
Having internet connectivity in your vehicle will change the way you feel about driving.
Ability to access the internet on the go ensures you get applications for drivers that provide valuable information, such as up-to-date road maps.
Any vehicle with internet connectivity also offers smartphone integration for android and apple phones that allows them to sync to Android Auto or Apple CarPlay in-car assistant systems.
You can use voice commands to access your music playlist, messages, and calls and keep your kids entertained, especially on long trips.
If you have a teenage driver, internet connectivity in your car will also come in handy. You can monitor how they drive, get a notification every time they exceed speed limits or have the stereo up too loud.
In case of an accident, you will also appreciate road assistance applications that can alert 911 and send help to you.
Driver-assist safety systems
Driver-assists technology can help you drive safely and avoid accidents on the road.
- Intelligent parking assist systems can help you identify parking spots and maneuver into them without any problem;
- Automatic emergency braking system will keep you from hitting objects or passengers in your way;
- Speed limit assist and traffic sign recognition systems use artificial intelligence to identify road signs and speed limits, enabling you to adjust accordingly to them;
- 360-degree camera technology can help you safely reverse or navigate through tight spots without running over your pets, valuable objects, or, God forbid, your child;
- Lane assist technology such as a lane departure warning system will help you keep to your lane on the road: and,
- Adaptive cruise control will ensure you keep a safe distance between your car and the next.
Driver-assist technology is ideal for people with small kids and for anyone who wants to stay safe on the road.
Rear seat reminder technology
Rear seat reminder technology will help you keep an eye on your child in the back seat.
The danger of kids dying in a hot car is real as their temperatures can rise up to five times faster than an adult’s in a hot space. When you think about that, any tech that keeps you from leaving your child in a hot car is worth it.
Cabin watch is another form of rear set technology that enables you to keep an eye on anyone in the back seat using a head-up touch screen display. It also comes with a microphone that allows you to talk to them without turning back and thereby removing your attention from the road.
Protective film is also great for the safety of your kids. Tinting your car with the latest high tech window film minimizes glare, sunburn and the harmful effects of UV rays.
How to pick the best car tech
As you can see, there is a lot of technology that parents can choose from. You may be wondering how to pick the right one.
Start by choosing technology that has scored highly on safety ratings. Anything that has been tested by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and received a five-star rating is worth looking at.
If the technology is also parent-tested, that is a bonus. It means other parents like you have experienced it and think it’s useful for anyone with kids.
Author: Harriet Davis