- Famous For: Beaches, Islands, Volcanoes, Scenic Beauty, Warm and Friendly Locals, Wildlife and Marine Life
- Currencies: Vietnamese Dong, Singapore Dollar, Thai Baht, Philippine Peso, Burmese Kyat, Indonesian Rupiah, Malaysian Ringgit, Cambodian Riel, Lao Kip, Brunei Dollar and US Dollar
- Minimum Trip Duration: Recommended to take at-least 7-10 days for major coverage.
The world is a beautiful place to live and the Southeast Asian countries contain the living paradise on the planet earth. It will be a delight for anyone to visit the region with countries like Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia and Philippines. Talk of religious places, scenic beauty or adventures, South East Asia will cover you all. With a rich history and extravagant geography, South Eastern countries invite every wanderer to embrace with wide open arms. Some important tips that can be considered before you leave for your trip there, are covered beneath.
- It is always a pleasure for the locals if you learn some phrases in their language like hello and thanks.
- Your passport should have at-least 6 months validity left, as most countries deny visa with less than 6 months’ validity.
- Keep a hand sanitizer always around you, you never know what situations you may have to deal with.
- Carry a pair of comfortable shoes and an extra pair will be a great companion. If you need to buy a new travel luggage, check out Luggage on Tour.
- Keep a watch on your stuff all the time, do not leave them unattended at any cost.
- Carry a sunscreen lotion with you as the climate may become really hot.
- Tag along a scarf or a cloth to cover your face to be safe from sun burn and tan.
- Travel on local buses, they are cheap and will take you almost everywhere.
- Have your currency exchanged in Laos once you are leaving the place, as it is very difficult to exchange Lao Kip elsewhere.
Things to Do
- There are plenty of things available to engage yourself when you are in south eastern countries.
- For the sea lovers, try out snorkeling and scuba diving and see the amazing sea life. Indonesia is your destination for this.
- For the love of animals and wildlife, you have lots of sanctuary options with hundreds of endangered species that can be seen. The best place is Philippines.
- Plan a trek to the volcanic mountains for the adventure lovers, again Indonesia is the place.
- Try out different foods both veg and non-veg which is easily available in all parts.
- Local beer is a must have and there are other never heard drinks that you should try.
Availability of Guides
It is very easy to get and hire a personal tour guide in these Nations. You can hire one during your trip or can even plan the trip without any local guide as most people easily understand and speak English in these regions.
Best Time to Visit
You can plan a trip anytime throughout the year as you will find some or the other nations ideal for that season. The popular countries have following best months to visit.
- Bali: April- October
- Malaysia: January- March and June- September
- Singapore: January to October
How to Reach
The best airline to be considered to travel to Southeast Asia is AirAsia. Locally, buses will be your travel friends to travel across the cities and different places.
Interesting Facts and Trivia
- Philippines alone has world’s most number of islands, 7,107 to be specific.
- Cambodia has world’s largest temple known as Angor Wat and they say that the temple was built over a period of 30 years!
- They have the second largest dealer of coffee- Vietnam, after Brazil.
- In Thailand, only one family can use one surname, every family has different surnames.
- Islam is the most practiced religion. Others are Buddhism and Christianity.
Food and Restaurants
- The food is delicious within these countries as they have a mix of Australian, Chinese, Japanese and American food restaurants.
- You will get eatables in comparatively cheap rates and street food is a treat.
- They serve both veg and non-veg food items.
- Alcohol is very cheap and local beer is a reward. Try out different drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic and fall in love with them even more.
- Try out some cool Mexican candies that everyone will like and will be a great travel buddy.
The above information will prove to be very useful and handy if you are planning a trip to the most remarkable region of the world- Southeast Asia.