The next time you’re at Disneyland (especially if you’re staying overnight at one of the Disney resort hotels), head over to Trader Sam’s located at the Disneyland Hotel.
You will soon notice the bar is enchanted. As the decorative totem poles and artwork begins to watch you, a friend may begin to shrink at the bar. Then, depending on what drink you or fellow bar-goers order, the room will soon see a volcano eruption, brave a storm, or succumb to the tiki gods…and all done in true Disney style. It is magical…and a lot of fun.
Brian and I seem to favor the same drink called a Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum. It is a bit Pina Colada-esque, but we both agree more tasty.
So, here is our version of this celebratory summer drink.
- 1.5 oz rum
- 1.5 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz orange juice
- 1 tablespoon real creme of coconut (canned works best)
- A dash of ground nutmeg
- A dash of cinnamon
- Crushed ice
- In a cocktail shaker add ice cubes rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, and creme of coconut.
- Shake well!
- Fill cocktail glass with crushed ice.
- Pour contents from shaker strainer into cocktail glass.
- Top with a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon.