Happy Anniversary Brian! I love you!
Brian and I got married on Superbowl Sunday- kind of.
Our ceremony was that day, we eloped a few months earlier.
Coincidentally, the game was Giants vs. Patriots
We had our ceremony and reception at my grandmother’s house.
We kept it small (75 people)
I actually was opposed to a ceremony and reception. It was Brian that really wanted one.
In the end I am happy we had one!
We chose February 3rd because it was my grandparents’ anniversary.
Random facts about our wedding:
- I was pregnant (in my second trimester) I do not recommend this. I was sick as a dog (vomiting multiple times during the day) and avoided the sun for fear of pregnancy mask. Pasty….good thing it was February and I blended in more..
- None of my bridesmaids matched. It was a free for all.
- Brian wanted a red velvet cake with chocolate frosting. So that was our wedding cake! As much as it didn’t looking like a wedding cake, it tasted great.
- My sister gave a funny speech! We were all worried about her, she was so afraid to make her toast as Matron of Honor. She kept saying she was going to keep it short and sweet, and not try to be funny at all. Then she got up there and turned into Bob Hope. She ended with, “Always a bride, never a bridesmaid…thank you Jamie for finally making my dream come true” (referring to her three marriages….eh, two, one was annulled)
- We had all live music. Brian requested a jazz band for the reception, and a pianist and violinist for the ceremony. He also picked out the food..Oh ok, he practically planned the whole thing…
- I wore my mom’s ugly veil! I wanted to wear something of hers and I thought her veil would be fixable. I just forgot to take it in to get it looking less…..1970 meets a tulle factory.