Home renovations usually start with kitchens and bathrooms as they are the two rooms of the home that are used the most. The lounge is often overlooked as a place that can be luxurious as it tends to be the room you sponge in to watch television, or it’s the room looking like the nearest toy shop.
A lounge should be somewhere that is comfortable and chic and choosing to redecorate your living room should be a carefully considered choice. Luxury doesn’t have to happen on a huge budget, but making some luxury choices for your lounge can mean it’s more of a space to enjoy with friends. A lounge is a multi-functional room and should be used as such, but that doesn’t mean it has to be shabby! With these ideas, you can get classy with your lounge space with very little effort.
- Choosing the décor theme for your lounge can be difficult if you are trying to balance many functions; playroom for the kids, space to enjoy your favourite film and space to entertain. The best idea here is to go as neutral as possible. Neutral doesn’t mean bland, but it does mean light, airy and warm.
- Making your lounge look warm doesn’t just mean via the heating. Candles dotted around the room can look inviting and scented candles simply fill the place beautifully. You want to make your lounge look inviting – like it’s a place that people want to be. You can get full reviews of the top 10 best electric fireplace TV stands for 2017 on this site and combine your favourite film with a lot of luxury.
- Your furniture should combine the look that you can lay down for an afternoon nap, but at the same time is ready and waiting for you to host for afternoon tea and cake.
- A perfect lounge needs to have a talking piece, so whether you commission a piece of artwork as a sculpture or choose to hang a personal canvas of your family on the wall, you want to give the living room something more than just furniture and bare walls.
- Lighting is important and not just the wattage of the bulbs. Lighting fixtures like chandeliers and spotlights can instantly change the look of your lounge. Chandeliers make it look grand and spotlights a little modern. Go for an artistic twist like this one and have a full fixture on the ceiling.
- If you want to maximise on space in a classy way, antique mirrors with ornate frames can make even the smallest living room look huge. The grandeur and class that comes with mirrors on each wall isn’t just a talking point for guests.
Your lounge may be the place you collapse in at the end of a working day, but even if you are the only person to enjoy it, it doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy a little luxury while you’re at it. Your home is a palace, a haven. It’s about time you decorated it like one!