I don’t know who has more fun with this play dough, the kids or me!
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon essential oil
- ½- 1 teaspoon natural food coloring (derived from vegetables and plants, and can be found at most Whole Foods and health food stores)
- ½- 1 teaspoon dried herbs or tea (optional)
- In a small saucepan add the rice flour, salt, cream of tartar, oil, water, and food coloring on low heat.
- Mix until ingredients form a ball.
- Immediately remove from heat and mix in essential oil.
- Knead in dried herbs or tea.
- Repeat recipe using different colors and essential oil scents and herbs.
- Store in a plastic bag or airtight container.
*Modified from Celiac Disease Foundation Gluten-Free Play Dough Recipe