Fruit Leather Sweetened with Honey Recipe
This is our favorite (and very easy) recipe for fruit leather.
- 4 cups sliced strawberries (about 2 baskets)
- 1 peeled and chopped apple
- ½ cup water
- The juice of one orange
- The juice of one lemon
- ⅛-1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 140 degrees (or as low as it will go).
- In a saucepan, add the strawberries, apple, and water on medium-low heat until it reaches a simmer.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- When berries and apple have softened, stir in lemon and orange juices.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in honey and cinnamon.
- Blend berry mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth (about one minute in a blender).
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour berry mixture in to the pan.
- Place mixture into the oven and allow to dehydrate for 6-12 hours (depending on oven and heat settings). *Important: Do not overcook! It will be crispy if you do.
- When the fruit leather has adequately dried, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Slice into strips with a pizza cutter, or use cookie cutters to make fun shapes!
Tags assigned to this article:blogfruit leatherfuni am not the babysitter blogJamie GrumetJamie Lynne Grumetkidsrecipe
Did you know the longest human pregnancy ever reported was one year? The normal gestation time for humans is around
On my quest for a tattoo, the first thing that popped in my head was the goddess Isis, and honestly,