This is our favorite (and very easy) recipe for fruit leather.
- 4 cups sliced strawberries (about 2 baskets)
- 1 peeled and chopped apple
- ½ cup water
- The juice of one orange
- The juice of one lemon
- ⅛-1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 140 degrees (or as low as it will go).
- In a saucepan, add the strawberries, apple, and water on medium-low heat until it reaches a simmer.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- When berries and apple have softened, stir in lemon and orange juices.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in honey and cinnamon.
- Blend berry mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth (about one minute in a blender).
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour berry mixture in to the pan.
- Place mixture into the oven and allow to dehydrate for 6-12 hours (depending on oven and heat settings). *Important: Do not overcook! It will be crispy if you do.
- When the fruit leather has adequately dried, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Slice into strips with a pizza cutter, or use cookie cutters to make fun shapes!