Brian and I were discussing bucket lists a few months ago, and came to two conclusions:
They are slightly morbid and depressing.
Bucket lists give you no real time-frame and that makes people less likely to accomplish their goals.
That is when we figured a bucket list with an actual ending point (aside from death) sounded like a great idea.
We decided a Pre-30 list. Brian is turning 30 in November, so we had to up his to 35 – I have exactly 1726 days to accomplish my list!
I went on a friend’s blog and found out that we are not the only ones with this great Idea. They decided on a “Pre-Baby Bucket List.”
So without further ado, here is the list:
- Get a tattoo
Visit Club 33!completed 10/23/2011 here Attend a finale show of American Idolcompleted 5/2011 here Start a 501(c)(3) and be a part of a community, not a charityFayye Foundation Birth 11/2011 here Go on safari with the kidscompleted 2/2013 here
- See the Northern Lights
- Take a cooking class as a couple
Have professional family photos takencompleted 6/2012 here See Adele in concertcompleted 8/9/2011 here
- Meet Dolly Parton
- Visit numerous friends making the move to Costa Rica
- Learn how to cook Doro Wat
Learn how to cook Montacompleted August 2011 here
- Both surprise each other at some point with something unexpected and extremely fun.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride
Go to Vegas, dress up, and play penny slotscompleted November 2011 here Fly upgraded overseascompleted August 2012 here
- Find meaningful volunteer opportunities locally, that we can also bring our children to
Get featured on TV/radio/print/newspapers for something we believe incompleted 5/2012 here
- Surprise a friend with something unexpected and fun
- Surprise a stranger by doing something kind
- Go horseback riding
- Visit The Magic Castle
Visit New Yorkcompleted 5/2012 here
- Visit the Chocolate Bar!
- Go on a family vacation with my parents, sister and her crew (not an easy task)
Frolick around at the Concours d’Elegancecompleted 8/2011 here
- Attend a Jazz Festival
- Go on a honeymoon
Visit Marilyn Monroe’s gravecompleted 6/2013 here Be Connected to a Conspiracy Theorycompleted 5/2012 here